Providing homebuyers with a variety of mortgage loan options will not only ensure they find the ideal investment for their situation, but can also take your business to the next level.
Whether they’re a long-time renter looking to break the cycle or previous homeowner looking to move up or down, each homebuyer comes into the transaction with a unique situation; no two are the same. That's why having a wide variety of mortgage loan programs for all homebuyers is a must.
Not to mention, in a competitive real estate market, offering unique loan solutions for each buyer’s needs can set you apart from the competition – and help your client get their offer accepted.
As a real estate professional, you are often these homebuyers’ sidekick. You’re helping them navigate through the home loan process and find their dream home. You work tirelessly to establish trust and provide solid guidance about a transaction the average person isn’t super familiar with. That’s why it’s so important to work with a mortgage lender who offers a wide range of home loan options, like Waterstone Mortgage.
Let’s say you’re working with a homebuyer who has no credit score. They have a sufficient source of income, always pay their bills on time, but simply prefer to use cash and checks. We can help them finance their home purchase.
Or perhaps your client doesn’t have much for a down payment but has an excellent credit score and would ideally like to eliminate or reduce private mortgage insurance (PMI) costs. We can help with that, too.
Our product variety doesn’t stop there. Some of the unique options we offer include:
- 1% down payment for eligible community heroes (teachers, paramedics, police officers, nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), school employees, etc.)
- No down payment for eligible community experts (CPAs, actuaries, Ph.D.s, etc.)
- No down payment for medical professionals* (doctors, dentists, veterinarians, etc.)
- Single loan close construction program with just 5% down payment required – even on jumbo loan amounts up to $1.15 million
- Renovation loan options
- Lower-free options for investment property financing
Of course, we offer the more typical loan programs, too, such as:
- Conventional loans – These are the most common type of mortgage loans. With no- and low-down-payment options, there are many types of conventional mortgages to fit homebuyers’ needs.
- Jumbo loans – “Jumbo” loans are just that: a home loan offering a larger amount of funds for high-end properties and homes in high-cost areas. Jumbo loans generally accommodate any loan over the conforming loan limit. This is a great loan program choice for your clients looking to purchase a luxury home. Waterstone Mortgage offers jumbo financing for all occupancy types, and even has no- and low-down-payment options available.
- FHA loans – These loans are insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), providing more wiggle room for lower-income homebuyers, those with less-than-perfect credit scores, or limited down payment funds.
- VA loans – VA loans are also government-insured and are exclusive to veterans and active-duty military service members. If your client is a veteran, these loans are often the best choice as they don’t require a down payment, mortgage insurance, and have flexible credit requirements.
- USDA loans – USDA loans are a great no-down-payment option for your clients living in rural and some suburban areas. They offer better terms than FHA or conventional loans, flexible credit requirements, low mortgage insurance, and no down payment is required.
We also offer a variety of mortgage loan terms – your clients are not limited to just 30-year term. Between our fixed-rate mortgage and adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) offerings, we can customize a program that meets their needs.
Our goal is to help individuals achieve their homeownership dreams. By offering a wide variety of loan programs, we are able to make that happen for borrowers who may experience barriers to some of the traditional loan programs, but are still more than qualified to own a home.
Want to learn more about our mortgage loan variety for your clients? Loan originators: Visit our Careers page. Realtors: Find a loan originator in your area.
*Geographic restrictions apply, contact a loan originator for more information.